Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Greek stuff, and hummus

Last night's meal reminded me of Greece, so I thought I'd share a few photos from our (somewhat) recent trip there.  Check out the chunky (not crumbly) feta on the salad below. And the capers!  The capers grown in Greece have a unique flavor which makes them taste so much better than any other capers I've ever eaten.
 
Greek salad:


Greek seascape:
Greek sunset:
And sorority:
(This photo was taken in Panathenaic Olympic stadium where I found the Delta Gamma)
Which reminds me... (I promise I'll shut up about the Bachelor after this)... Sean Lowe visited DG Alpha Sigma!
And I still owe you the hummus recipe that I whipped up before last night's Bachelor dinner.
 
It's so simple that I'm not sure whether I can really call it a recipe.  It's more like throwing ingredients in a food processor.
 
Ingredients:
-1 tbsp tahini
-Juice of half a lemon
-1 can garbanzo beans
-1/2 tsp cumin (or a little more if you like cumin as much as I do)
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (omit this if you don't like spicy hummus)
-a little bit of water to thin it out (depending on how thick you like your hummus)
 
Throw it all in:
Hit the chop/grind/puree button (whatever it says on your machine):


And voila!  So easy.  If you like your hummus a little oily, you can add some olive oil before blending.  I sprinkle paprika on top before serving it to add extra flavor and make it look pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment