Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Farm of Beverly Hills


Yes folks, there's a farm in the middle of Beverly Hills.  Right down the street from this gaudy store that makes me laugh hysterically every time I pass by it. 
This guy is just too funny- like Dr. Evil with diamonds! But really, there are no words...Now to the food.  I love that The Farm gives you cornbread to start.. yum! 
It's definitely more buttery than the cornbread that I bake at home, but I'm happy to eat it :)
Even though we got cornbread on the house, we still ordered an appetizer because the soft pretzels seemed too good to pass up.
They were the perfect salty treat, with spicy whole-grain mustard and honey on the side. Spicy + salty + sweet all rolled into one = heaven for Jen.
For my entree, I got the spaghetti squash with veggie meatballs and marinara. I'm normally pretty good at figuring out what veggie meatballs/patties are made of, but I was stumped with these. My best guess is some mixture of beans, soy, mushrooms, maybe even a grain of some sort. They were pretty good, but not out-of-this-world amazing. Next time we visit the farm, I want to try the whitefish with pumpkin gnocchi, carrots & beets (I was debating this menu item for my entree).  As far as tonight's dinner goes, I'd say the soft pretzels stole the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment