Sunday, February 10, 2013

Good morning, Mickey!

This is how Justin and I begin almost every weekend morning. My mom bought me a Mickey waffle maker from a Tuesday Morning store when I moved into my first post-college apartment in 2006, and I wish I could tell you how many waffles have been served from this thing, because the number's gotta be approaching 4 digits.  Justin and I are both Disney nerds and these waffles make us happy.  (Justin loves them so much, he even makes them every weekday morning before going to work. I have to be at my office earlier than he does, so I take breakfast to go during the week).  Anyway, here's what the waffle looks like:
I served the waffle with an egg white omelet (it's still yellow despite having no yolks because I use Nulaid liquid eggs from Trader Joe's).  The omelet is filled with sauteed mushrooms and a little bit of broccoli and cheddar for Justin (no cheddar for me).  We used waffle mix from Williams Sonoma (you really can't go wrong with any of their waffle/pancake mixes). To save us from some unnecessary calories, all I do is add water to the mix.  It's really all you need. If you want a more filling waffle, you can follow the instructions and add oil/milk/egg.  We wanted to keep it light this morning because we went on a run shortly after eating breakfast and didn't want do feel weighed down during the run.  I added a few chopped up blackberries to the batter, and I topped it with Justin's favorite syrup from Cheri's desert harvest (to add some sweetness and make it pink!)
As you can see, we're almost out.  We order it at cherisdesertharvest.com on a regular basis. It has a pretty clean list of ingredients (prickly pear cactus, cane sugar, lemon and pectin), and it's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment