Friday, March 29, 2013

Chocolate cake

This chocolate cake may look like a total guilty pleasure, but it's actually very guilt-free!
I keep seeing recipes for single-serving, quick-cooking chocolate cake, and I've been meaning to try it. I was especially inspired by this recipe. So I made it. These are the ingredients I used for mine:
-3 tbsp white flour
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/8 tsp cinnamon
-2 tsp granulated sugar
- cocoa powder
-1 packet stevia (I decided to give stevia a chance in place of my usual splenda)
-3 tbsp milk
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-3 tsp mashed banana

First I mixed up the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Then I mixed in the wet ingredients (making sure the banana was very well mashed before I threw it in).
Then I spooned it into a large ramekin.
And put it in the microwave for 50 seconds.
It really did most of its rising in the last 15 seconds. It doubled in size.
I also added a little 'fudge' topping. I mixed 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter, 1/8 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp non-fat milk, 1/2 tsp cocoa powder, and 1/2 tsp maple syrup. And I got this gooey-ness.
Topped the cake with the 'fudge'. And in typical Jen-fashion, I added vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. (I always buy Breyer's fat-free vanilla ice cream. It seriously does not taste non-fat. It's rich and delicious).
And it melted right into the warm cake.
Which I devoured rather quickly. I didn't mind the stevia at all in this. No odd aftertaste whatsoever.
I am most definitely making this again. It tasted way too good considering that it was all fat-free except for the dollop of faux-fudge (which was actually protein-packed because it was mostly a spoonful of peanut butter). You could make it entirely fat-free if you nix the fudge. And it will still taste great. Don't question it. Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment