Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

My aunt puts together a lovely Easter spread! I noshed on these pastries, melon, berries, stratas, and honeybaked ham all afternoon.
My recipe of the day wasn't exactly Easter-themed, but I felt like making mango something this morning. So I made a no-bake mango tart. As Justin said, "it's like key-lime pie, but with mango"!
Ingredients were:
-5 small almond biscotti (for crust)
-2 tbsp almond milk
-2 cups mango chunks
-5.3 oz container of mango greek yogurt
-2 tbsp lowfat cream cheese
-1 tsp honey
-1 tsp torani sugar-free vanilla syrup
First I blended the biscotti with almond milk in my food processor until it gelled together as pictured above.
Then I sprayed an 8x8" baking pan and spread the biscotti/milk mixture out to cover the bottom.
Then I blended the mango filling in the food processor (yogurt, cream cheese, mango chunks, vanilla syrup and honey).
Until it looked like so.
Then I poured it evenly into the baking pan and threw it in the freezer while I went out to celebrate Easter.
When I got home, the mango tart was frozen and ready for my taste test! I cut out squares, topped with whip cream, and dug in.
Yessss.
The rest are cut into pieces for easy storage in the freezer. I have a feeling they'll go fast.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Ana from Fooduel.com. It is a site in which users vote recipes
    from 1 to 10.

    There is a ranking of the best recipes and a profile with your voted recipes. Each recipe has a link to the blog which belongs the recipe. This way you will get traffic to your blog

    It's easy, fast and fun. The best Photo recipes will be here.

    I invite you to enter, add your blog and upload a recipe with a nice photo for user of the world look your recipes.

    You are able to see your stats:

    -Number of visits to your blog from Fooduel.com.
    -Number of votes received every day
    -Number of votes received by each category
    -Number of votes for each grade (1-10)
    -Number of votes for each recipe.

    Look this example of one profile stats: http://fooduel.com/stats1.png

    We would love that you participate with some recipe.Look Amazing!

    Regards

    http://www.Fooduel.com

    ReplyDelete