Friday, March 22, 2013

Mixed berry pancakes

I worked remotely and tackled wedding appointments today. I love days when I don't have to eat breakfast in the car! I made stacks of berry pancakes (and, of course, I still had a berry smoothie along with the berry pancakes).
Here's what was in the batter (this makes 1 serving):
-1/3 cup white flour
-2 tbsp oats (I used quick cooking oats)
-3/4 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp granulated sugar (I used baking Splenda)
-Pinch of salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1/3 cup water (or you can use milk)
-1/2 cup mixed berries (I used some of my frozen blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and cut them up into small pieces)

I mixed all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then added the wet plus the berries and used it to make 3 medium-sized pancakes.
I have a tendency to not let them puff up all the way, so I have to make a conscious effort to wait until the batter bubbles a little bit before flipping them, then letting them sit for a few more minutes before transferring them from pan to plate.
Close up on the gooey berries :)
My batter bowl kind reminded me of the sky in a van gogh painting for some reason..
I made some simple berry compote for the topping. 
Just microwaved about 1/3 cup more frozen berries for a minute then mixed about half a splenda packet with them, and plopped it on top of the stack.
Gooey goodness! This stack, along with my berry smoothie and black coffee, definitely did its job energizing me for meetings (not that I really needed too much- salad/entree tastings were the key wedding meeting of the day, but it's still important to have a hearty breakfast in my opinion)!

No comments:

Post a Comment