Monday, March 25, 2013

Stir frying/cheating

This is like a cheat recipe. I make big batches of stir fry when I need an easy meal and some meals to-go thereafter.
It starts with the frozen stir fry vegetables from Costco. There are four things I wouldn't leave Costco without: frozen veggies, frozen berries, frozen organic chicken breasts, and almond milk.
I throw them in a pan on medium heat to defrost for a bit.
I add this sauce from Trader Joe's once the veggies have defrosted a bit, and I turn the heat up to high.
It bubbles and reduces.
To look like the above.
For protein, I usually cook up chicken for both me and Justin. Yesterday I had some tempeh I needed to use. I used this for me only (I couldn't get Justin to touch tempeh with a ten foot pole). Even though I eat meat, I also cook with vegetarian proteins. I enjoy soy products, and switching up proteins adds variety to my food.
Browned up some of the Costco chicken with extra TJ's sauce for Justin.
Boiled my tempeh on high a few minutes to soften it up.
Then cubed and sauteed it in a pan with extra TJ's sauce.
Cooked some barley to go with it (I know, most normal people would use rice. I really like barley).
Added a little siracha sauce to everything for some kick.
And lunch was served! (Chicken for him, tempeh for me).
And extra for work lunches!
Into the fridge they went!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you are the best fiancee ever!! That's so cute that you pack him lunch. Ben gets leftovers... or he defrosts the teriyaki chicken from Costco, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I try! In Justin's perfect world I'd make him buffalo chicken pizza for lunch every day, but that doesn't quite happen!

      Delete