Saturday, April 13, 2013

Coco bundts!

I got a mini-bundt cake pan at my bridal shower and have been determined to use it! The inaugural test recipe... pineapple coconut cakes!
Ingredients (made 5 mini-bundts):
-1/2 cup white flour
-1/2 cup wheat flour
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/3 cup baking Splenda
-4 packets stevia
-1/2 cup lite coconut milk
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp chia seeds
-8 oz crushed pineapple (I actually used a tin of diced pineapple, drained and crushed it myself)
First I pre-heated the oven to 350 degrees. Then I mixed the wet ingredients.
Next I added the dry ingredients and mashed and stirred everything together really well!
Sprayed my bundt pan with a new Trader Joe's product (at least this week was the first time I saw it!)... Coconut oil spray! Love it.
And filled 5 of the bundt spaces with batter.
Then baked them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
And got these beauties! (Plus a great-smelling kitchen). The combination of vanilla, pineapple and coconut is unbeatable.
And some whipped cream on top never hurts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment