Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Garlic pizza

I am obsessed with Trader Joe's garlic herb pizza dough. It's SO good. Every time I buy it, the TJ's employee checking me out says they love it, too. You can bake and eat it all on its own. But last night I decided to actually make a dinner out of it.
I bought pizza sauce to go along with it.

And I grilled up 2 chicken breasts.
The key to making pizza with this dough is cooking the dough on its own for several minutes before adding toppings. That way it's nice and crispy all around as opposed to doughy in the middle.
I coated a pizza pan with cooking spray, spread out the dough, and gave it about 5 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees, and it puffed up as you see above.
While it baked up, I sauteed mushrooms and onions with garlic.
Then I topped the half-baked dough with the pizza sauce plus my sauteed veggies, shredded chicken breast, and some of TJ's jarred fire-roasted peppers for good measure. I baked it for about 6 more minutes at 425 degrees, and I topped it with arugula tossed in balsamic vinegar. And I couldn't stop myself from digging in before Justin got home!


3 comments:

  1. This looks SO darn good!! I really need to try TJ's pizza dough! I have heard great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely in for a treat if you haven't tried their dough before- this stuff is great! I've tried replicating it from scratch and nothing compares :) Hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. I was just looking at their pizza dough yesterday and wondering if it was any good - now it's going on my meal plan for next week for sure! YUM!

    ReplyDelete