Monday, April 1, 2013

Greek turkey burgers

I often make plain old turkey burgers with my Jennie-O extra lean, just seasoned with salt and pepper. But tonight I decided to go the extra mile and flavor the patties for real.
Ingredients (makes 2 patties):
-Approx 1/2 package of Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey
-1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
-1 tbsp breadcrumbs
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-1 tbsp fat-free feta
-1/2 tsp oregano
-1/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/8 tsp black pepper
-1/8 tsp salt
-1/4 cup fire-roasted pepper (jarred with garlic, purchased at Trader Joe's)
-Burger buns, lettuce, & extra roasted peppers for toppings, hummus, baked sweet potato strips on the side (click here for sweet potato "fries" instructions)
First I mixed the turkey with all the seasonings, breadcrumbs, feta, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and jarred pepper (diced into pieces). Yeah I know it doesn't look pretty in the bowl, but it gets better.
On the grill pan.
And plated with burger fixings and hummus!
Here's the recipe for the hummus I made to top the burgers with:
-1 can garbanzo beans, drained
-1.5 tbsp tahini
-Juice of 1/2 a lemon
-3/4 tsp cumin
-1/4 cup fire-roasted pepper (the jarred kind from Trader Joe's)
-dash of cayenne pepper
-pinch of salt
-approx 2 tbsp water (to thin it out)
Toss it all in the food processor and blend well.
This was my first time throwing roasted peppers into the food processor with the rest of the ingredients. I think I'll be throwing roasted peppers in from now on because it turned out to be a good addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment