Thursday, May 9, 2013

Instant peanut butter cake

I'm not sure whether I should call this a cookie or a cake... so whatever, I'll just call it tasty!
It started with my new obsession... guilt free peanut butter that I found at Trader Joe's! 
I'm amazed by the fact that Better'n Peanut Butter managed to make such a low fat/calorie version of PB that tastes SO good! Seriously, is someone playing a joke on me? It all just seems to good to be true.
Anyway, I decided to stop questioning it and make instant breakfast cake out of it.
Here's what I used:
-1 tbsp Better'n Peanut Butter
-2 tbsp almond milk
-2 tbsp egg beaters
-2 tbsp coconut flour
-1 tsp stevia
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/8 tsp salt
-Souffle ramekin (so spray necessary, this cake comes right out!), plus some extra milk/PB for topping (if desired)
Before adding dry ingredients, I microwaved the peanut butter and milk for 20 seconds and mixed them together. Then I added the egg beaters and dry ingredients. Stirred everything really well.
Microwaved it all for about 1.5 minutes. And got this cake that popped right out!
Then I made a PB topping for it by nuking a tiny bit more peanut butter with a tiny bit more almond milk.
And I topped the whole thing off!
It's almost dense enough to be a cookie, but still seems cake-ish to me. Again, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is I can eat peanut butter with 85% less fat per serving than your typical PB. Call me crazy, but I love the Better'n Peanut Butter people. I have no idea how they de-fat peanuts, but however they do it, they rock.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that looks awesome. I must try it - I think I might add some chocolate chips, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call! I fully support the chocolate chip idea!

      Delete