Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Peanut butter curry

Sometimes the best tasting meals don't photograph the best. But trust me, this was delicious! It stemmed from inspiration to use some leftover lite coconut milk and my new jar of Better N' Peanut Butter!
Ingredients for 2 servings:
-2 large chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (and seasoned with S&P, to taste)
-1/2 cup diced onion
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
-1 tomato, diced
-2 cups dry spinach
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tbsp curry powder
-8 oz lite coconut milk
-2 tbsp better n' peanut butter
-1 tbsp ketchup
-1.5 tbsp honey
-1 lime, juiced
-any grain or noodle you want to serve with (I used barley) plus salad
First I sauteed the onions, garlic and peppers for a few minutes until they were translucent.
Then I added the curry powder and cumin and sauteed a few more minutes.
Then I added the coconut milk.
And the Better N' Peanut Butter.
Then I added the chopped and seasoned bits of chicken breast (stirring them around continuously over medium-high heat to cook all the way through)
Added the honey while chicken was still cooking.
Followed by ketchup!
Lime..
And cilantro!
The diced tomatoes got stirred in as the chicken was almost cooked all the way through..
And the final addition was the spinach (after about 15 minutes of stirring over medium-high to get the chicken bits cooked completely).
Let the spinach wilt for a few minutes..
Then served it on barley with a side salad. I'm thinking I should do this again with some extra sauce and noodles- that would be awesome (not that this wasn't awesome already)!

No comments:

Post a Comment