Sunday, July 14, 2013

Drinking at sea

Opening up the post with my favorite drink of the cruise.. this mojito!
Now backtracking... my first drink of the cruise was this bottle of champagne that was waiting for us when we got to our stateroom.
After the Korbel, I got real french champagne at this bar aboard the ship..
Bubbles everywhere...
And comfy lounge areas..
At the skyline bar, I got mixed drinks from around the world... my favorite of which was this mojito. Elderflower liquer, rum, soda water, lime juice, mint, cherry on top.
The bar changes from one international cityscape to the next. And the drink menu changes to match the country on display. For example, when it's Greece they serve up various mixed drinks with ouzo :)
They served up a lot of martinis inspired by different countries here. I didn't try them, but I'm sure they were good, too.
For outdoor drinking, my favorite bar was Currents. At  night there's a nice cool breeze here and it looks out over the ship's pool deck and out to the wide open sea. 
I have to include the main lobby bar because Justin loved the peacock decor so much...
And this bar we liked to call the carousel bar, but I believe it was actually called the piazza. It was in the center of all the nightclubs and served italian wines (my favorite of which was the moscato).

No comments:

Post a Comment