Friday, August 2, 2013

Alcove

I've posted about Aroma before. Well Alcove is pretty much like Aroma transported from Tujunga to Los Feliz. It's got all you could ask for- healthy breakfast and lunch as well as great happy hour options, full wine and beer list, and hearty dinner entrees. Justin and I recently went for a light dinner.
He got the asian chicken wrap- mixed greens with chicken breast, sprouts, carrots, peanuts and miso peanut sauce all wrapped in a spinach tortilla then pressed to make some serious grill marks. He got it with Alcove's signature caesar salad.
Close up on tortilla (above). And Justin enjoying the patio. Or is he not? Well I enjoyed the patio.
My meal looks very similar, but it's not the same. I got the vegan wrap with grilled squash, asparagus, tomato, mixed greens and roasted corn, all covered in homemade hummus which I love (and I've tried many varieties of hummus!) With mixed greens salad on the side. Both the wrap and salad come with Alcove's balsamic vinaigrette- it's thick with tangy mustard, herbs and pepper. Balsamic vinaigrette at its best.
And that's a wrap. (Sorry for the shameless pun- this is the one and only time I'll use it. promise).

No comments:

Post a Comment