Saturday, August 3, 2013

BBQ pineapple wraps

This is a great recipe when you need a quick meal. And when you're craving something sweet but it's not time for dessert just yet :-)
I chopped up half a yellow onion, 1 clove garlic, and added them to a skillet with some 1 cup pre-cooked chicken breast pieces and 1/2 cup frozen pineapple bits (I like Trader Joe's frozen pineapple tidbits- they come small so they de-frost super fast).
I added 1/3 cup BBQ sauce to the whole thing and sauteed it all over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
Then I spooned that lovely mixture into 3 of these tortillas.
I rolled the chicken mixture in the tortillas...
And I placed the rolled tortillas in an oven-safe pan and sprinkled cilantro on top.
 
Then I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 5 minutes (they joined some sweet potato "fries" that had been in the oven for 15 minutes already).
And I added some greens for good measure. Dinner done in 20 minutes!

3 comments:

  1. Yum!! My fries never turn out that nice - what is your secret??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did a lot of trial and error to figure out the fries. For a while, we either had them burned or partially raw. Also, the pineapple in this was weird. Don't subject Ben to this insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I like the pineapple! I used to cut the fries real thin and bake them at 350 for 20-25 minutes and now I cut them thicker and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Much better! But I also feel like all ovens are a little different, so you may still want to test and adjust!

    ReplyDelete