Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chicken Tikka Masala

Yesterday marked my first blog post in a very long time (it's been a crazy month!). Yesterday also marked the maiden voyage of our new slow cooker.
I used it to make a healthier version of chicken tikka masala, and it was gooood.
It all started with the following ingredients!
-2 lbs chicken breasts
-2 tbsp garam masala
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp coriander
-1 tbsp kosher salt
-1 tbsp minced garlic
-1 yellow onion chopped
-1 tbsp dark brown sugar
-1 28oz can crushed tomatoes (I actually used diced tomatoes and mashed them with a potato masher to 'crush' them)
I had everything except garam masala which (surprisingly) wasn't at Trader Joe's, so I got it at World Market.
I threw all the ingredients in the new slow cooker.
And set the slow cooker for 4 hours on high.
To get this lovely mix!  The final ingredient I added was a 5oz container of greek yogurt.
I paired it with steamed barley and spinach.
And enjoyed some very tender and flavorful chicken!
I loved the way it just flaked apart! Definitely making this again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment