Friday, October 11, 2013

Shrimp tacos

I'm still on the no-chicken bandwagon. While avoiding chicken, I also made shrimp tacos.

Ingredients (for 2 servings):

Shrimp:
-1/2 lb jumbo shrimps
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
-pinch of red chili flakes (or cayenne pepper)
-pinch of salt
-1/2 tsp white flour
-squirt of lime

Salsa topping:
-1 cup chopped pineapple
-1/3 cup finely chopped bell pepper (I did a combo of red and orange)
-juice of 1 lime
-1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
-1 tbsp cilantro

I also added cabbage (for taco stuffing with the shrimp and salsa), rice and beans (for sides).

First I coated the shrimp with the dry mix.
Then seared it in a pan over medium-high heat.
While it seared, I made salsa!
It was very easy. I chopped and mixed.
Then I added some beans and rice (I added lime and cilantro to the rice so I could get the Chipotle rice effect)
And voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment