Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rainbow Quinoa Salad

This is summer salad post #2!  Another great picnic dish that I brought to the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday. 

Rainbow Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
-1 cup (before cooking) quinoa (I used white, but you could also use tricolor quinoa if you prefer)
-1 can black beans
-1 red bell pepper, diced
-1 yellow bell pepper, diced
-1/2 cup fresh mango, diced
-1/2 cup red onion, diced
-1 clove garlic, diced
-2 limes, zested and juiced
-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
-2 tbsp honey
-dash of salt and pepper
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro
First I got my quinoa cooking over the stovetop. Then I started chopping.
And peeling cilantro.
And chopping some more.
After drying my tears from the onion, I put all of the chopped ingredients in a bowl into which I zested and juiced the limes.
Then I drained my black beans...
And added those to the bowl.
At which point my quinoa was done cooking, so I added that.
Then I added the vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper (to taste) into the bowl and stirred it all around.
And tasted the colors of the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment